Monday, March 27, 2017

Menu plan for the week of March 27

Hi everyone.  So we tried the Trader Joe's Mandarin Chicken last week, and it was pretty good.  Two of us loved it, one of us liked it, if there wasn't too much sauce, one thought it was ok, and the other prefered the chicken tenders from Aldi (I think he would have liked it if it had no sauce, and since the sauce is packaged separately, that would have been doable).  Of course now I'm kind of afraid to try any of the other frozen entrees from TJ's, because Mandarin Chicken is supposedly the best they have.  I probably should have started with not-the-best.  Oh well.

I think the sap season is just about over.  I'm seeing just 3 days in the 15 day forecast that are predicted to fall below freezing, and those are all just below.  I've got three more gallons of sap ready to go, but I'm going to wait and see on those few days before I cook it. Whether or not we get more, I'm happy with this year's syrup production, at just over 2 quarts.  That's enough to give some away and still have some for me to use.  So...I guess I have to start pulling out all those maple-syrup-sweetened recipes.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:

Other:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...